Mold is one of the worst infestations that you can have in your household. If you develop black mold, a very toxic substance, it is possible that people within your house could become very sick. It is especially toxic to those with compromised immune systems, or those that have chronic asthma. Therefore, if you do have mold, it’s in your best interest to get rid of it, and here are five tips on how you can do this.
Five Ways To Get Rid of Mold In Your Home
- First, you will want to use bleach and wipe down any hard areas like concrete where you see the black substance on your walls or floors.
- Second, you will want to ammonia where the mold once was in order to prevent its return.
- Third, make sure the entire area remains extremely dry once the mold has been removed.
- Fourth, if necessary, replace soft surfaces where the mold is, which might be sheet rock or boards where the mold has grown.
- Fifth, if it is a significant infestation, you will want to have your HVAC team come in to check your ventilation system to make sure that spores have not gotten it which can spread the mold throughout your home and also spread disease.
If you have anything to add then feel free to email me or leave a comment below.
If you are unfortunate enough to have sustained some type of fire damage in your home, you know that this can be a very traumatic experience. You may have been worried about your loved ones as you were getting them out of your home, but once they are safe, you need to do repairs. Here are three tips on what you need to do to repair fire damage that has been done to your home.
Three Tips On Fire Damage Repair
The first thing that you will want to do is have a contractor come out to your home and assess where the boards have been completely burned through. If you have supporting beams that have been damaged, these will need to be replaced, or you could face the collapse of walls, or even your ceiling, as a result of the fire. Second, you will want to consider replacing the sheet rock that was exposed to the smoke as it may have become brittle and damaged. Fire damage can be a very expensive thing to fix just like water damage but it’s definitely doable with the right company by your side. When I lived in Atlanta, a company named restorepair helped me with all my restoration work. Check them out – Restorepair: The best water damage guys in Atlanta.
It will simply be a safety hazard until it is replaced, plus the smell will never go away until it is gone. Third, make sure that all of your fire detection equipment in his fully functional just to make extra sure that this type of incident does not happen again in the future.