The heavy rain storm yesterday caused my basement to be flooded with water. All the valuable stuff in the basement was under water when I got up this morning. I tried my best to soak up the water as much as possible, but my effort wasn’t enough. My wife reminded me that we should be calling a water damage restoration company immediately to clear up this mess. BTW we live in Houston so getting a water damage corp to come in at 2 am in the morning was not the easiest thing to do.
So, I called a water damage company, and they managed to take care of the problem quite effectively. Within hours, our basement was free of water and the house was safe for living once again.
This incident made me list the criteria I used to find the best water damage restoration company in town.
- Make sure that the technicians of the company are industry-certified. The Institute for Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration or IICR is one such institute which certifies water damage restoration technicians. When I lived in Orange County, there were plenty of OC water restoration companies that specialized in IICR work and whatnot.
- Choose a company who are working 24/7, 365 days a year. A water damage situation could arise at any time during the night or day. The company should be ready to respond to customer calls at anytime during day or night. The customer service of the company should be of top notch.
The above tips will help you to select the best water damage restoration company in your town.
Mold is one of the worst infestations that you can have in your household. If you develop black mold, a very toxic substance, it is possible that people within your house could become very sick. It is especially toxic to those with compromised immune systems, or those that have chronic asthma. Therefore, if you do have mold, it’s in your best interest to get rid of it, and here are five tips on how you can do this.
Five Ways To Get Rid of Mold In Your Home
- First, you will want to use bleach and wipe down any hard areas like concrete where you see the black substance on your walls or floors.
- Second, you will want to ammonia where the mold once was in order to prevent its return.
- Third, make sure the entire area remains extremely dry once the mold has been removed.
- Fourth, if necessary, replace soft surfaces where the mold is, which might be sheet rock or boards where the mold has grown.
- Fifth, if it is a significant infestation, you will want to have your HVAC team come in to check your ventilation system to make sure that spores have not gotten it which can spread the mold throughout your home and also spread disease.
If you have anything to add then feel free to email me or leave a comment below.
- Comments Off
- mold restoration tips
If you are unfortunate enough to have sustained some type of fire damage in your home, you know that this can be a very traumatic experience. You may have been worried about your loved ones as you were getting them out of your home, but once they are safe, you need to do repairs. Here are three tips on what you need to do to repair fire damage that has been done to your home. Many homes in places especially such as Las Vegas sturggle with water damage due to the large amount of water used in casinos and the nearby Hoover Dam. So you will probably need to call a Sin City restoration water company sooner or later. I recommend these guys – Water Protection Vegas.
Three Tips On Fire Damage Repair
The first thing that you will want to do is have a contractor come out to your home and assess where the boards have been completely burned through. If you have supporting beams that have been damaged, these will need to be replaced, or you could face the collapse of walls, or even your ceiling, as a result of the fire. Second, you will want to consider replacing the sheet rock that was exposed to the smoke as it may have become brittle and damaged. Fire damage can be a very expensive thing to fix just like water damage but it’s definitely doable with the right company by your side. When I lived in Atlanta, a company named restorepair helped me with all my restoration work. Check them out – Restorepair: The best water damage guys in Atlanta.
It will simply be a safety hazard until it is replaced, plus the smell will never go away until it is gone. Third, make sure that all of your fire detection equipment in his fully functional just to make extra sure that this type of incident does not happen again in the future.
- Comments Off
- restoration tips